David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister As Britain Leaves EU


David Cameron has announced he is quitting as Prime Minister in a touching statement just hours after Britain voted for Brexit .

He delivered today's historic announcement on the steps of Downing Street with his wife Samantha after his campaign to keep Britain in the EU failed dismally.


He said: "I fought this campaign in the only way I know how, which is to say directly and passionately what I think and feel, head heart and soul.

I held nothing back. I was absolutely clear about my belief that Britain is stronger, safer and better off inside the European Union.

"And I made clear the referendum was about this and this alone, not the future of any sngle politician including myself.

"But the British people have made a very clear decision to take a different path.

"And as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction.

"I will do everything I can as Prime Minister to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months.

"But I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers our country to its next destination.

Related Posts